Sunday, February 2, 2014

Before I left the states, people kept asking me if I was going to blog or just stick with journaling.  I looked at them like they were crazy. Of course I wasn't going to blog.  In no way did I ever intend to do this.  But here we are.  I'm sure that anyone reading this won't want to read everything that goes on in my mind, but there are just some things that need to be shared.  I have never been very good with words so I won't blame you if you think this is horrible, just don't tell me. :)
I am spending the semester studying abroad in Greece and so far I love it.  I am here with 34 other students, most of whom I knew before we left Searcy.  We have only been here for two weeks but we have already been through a lot together.  Within a week of being here we have traveled across an ocean to a completely new continent, cleaned hundreds of dishes, taken lots of pictures, began learning a new language, bought flight and train tickets to Italy for spring break, shared our testimonies with each other, prayed with and for each other, read our Bibles together, laughed together, and cried together. I am incredibly blessed to be here with all 34 of these people.  We are on this journey together and I can't wait to see the ways that each one of us will grow over the semester.  The Lord is definitely working in all of us over here in Greece.  Exciting things are happening!
I know that I am already two weeks into my trip, and I have a lot to catch you up on.  Just hold your horses and give me some time.  My blog may be a little scattered until I can get caught up.
Well, my backpack is packed, and in a few short hours my friends and I will be traveling to Israel for the next ten days.  Please be praying for our minds to be open to all of the new things we will learn, and of course for safe travels.  Thanks for taking your time to read this (for the 3 of you that actually read it) and I will do my best to post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment